Sunday, April 15, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Funnelcloud Studio

Funnelcloud Studio / Rachel Roellke
What is your favorite thing about spring?
I get the worst cabin fever in winter, so come spring I'm excited to hit the hiking trails with my two dogs, drink cocktails on the patio, hit up the farmers' market, and go out for frozen custard!

What's your newest crafty creation? Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show?
I like to unveil a new mini print at each show - for Spring Bada-Bing it's a humpback whale print. Stop by my booth to check it out! I'll also be bringing back an old favorite - the state map prints including a print of Virginia - my home state!Is there a story behind your shop name?
Funnelcloud Studio got its name because my studio is always a mess - it looks like a tornado ripped through it.

What's your soundtrack while you're working?
I'm From Barcelona and The Decemberists always put me in a productive mood. Sometimes I mix it up with audiobooks or podcasts.

What are your influences?
Geometry and patterns, nature, architecture.Trend spotting: foxes, hedgehogs, mustaches, oh my! - What do you think will be next hottest craft trend?
How about dodo birds? I've got some in my shop!

No comments: