Saturday, April 07, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Lipstick Kiss Press

Lipstick Kiss Press
Monica Gallagher
www.eatyourlipstick.com

What is your favorite thing about spring?
The showers! Busting out some galoshes and walking around in the bright, soggy grass.

What's your newest crafty creation? Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show?
I just created some "Animal Spirit Guides" - illustrations of particular animals that exhibit certain qualities - tigers are sexy, giraffes are awkward, etc. I'll have them mounted on little sheets of wood with a string attached, so they can be hung anywhere you want them.
Is there a story behind your shop name?
I won't go anywhere - to the gym, the store, my basement, etc - without my lipstick. I named my shop Lipstick Kiss Press as an homage to the fact that I get lipstick on EVERYTHING, and by that logic, my imprint is likewise on everything in m
y shop.What's your soundtrack while you're working?
Comic
book and paranormal podcasts, audio books, some music thrown in now and then.
What are your influences?
Mainly a lot of illustrators/comic book artists - Christine Norrie, Tara McPherson, James Jean. Recently I rediscovered Eyvind Earle - a GORGEOUS illustrator behind the landscapes of Disney's Sleeping Beauty.

Trend spotting: foxes, hedgehogs, mustaches, oh my! - What do you think will be next hottest craft trend?
Turtles! And hopefully cute monsters and dinosaurs will never go away. :)

No comments: