Thursday, April 17, 2008

We love you too, Arthur.

I have a lot of craft-crushes. Arthur Hash? Is one of them which is why it's so awesome he's a vendor this year at Spring Bada-Bing. I met him at Bizarre Market and walked away with a tiny skull pin and some great stickers, one of which landed on my mountain bike:


That is so sweet, right? I thought so too. Arthur sort of transcends craft and goes right for the art-craft jugular in a way that makes me wish I was cool enough to have thought of it myself. When I was at VCU in the Craft Department there was always a guy like him who wasn't satisfied with just making cool jewelry, he had to make cool jewelry that you could punch out of a flat sheet of plexiglass and assemble. He had to make brooches with bits of used sneaker tread. Arthur totally pushes the limit of personal decoration and if that's not crush-worthy, I don't know what is, man.

No comments: