Friday, April 19, 2013

Vendor Spotlight: PrayerMonkey

Did you know you could crochet metal? Well, PrayerMonkey does - enameled copper wire to be exact. Her work is part sculpture, part stitchery, and part fractal geometry. 

 


Along with her ever-changing line of jewelry for him and her, she has recently added faux insect taxidermy, which is also crochet from wire and mount in frames her husband makes from reclaimed wood. 





It's always intriguing to see the process of an artist. PrayerMonkey shares with us the description of her process: 

One of the things I like to incorporate into my jewelry is found/recycled materials. In this case, pottery from thrift store plates. I choose bits that I think would be interesting and mark them. My dear husband then cuts the shapes I have traced with a tile saw. I crochet a setting around then with enameled copper wire and turn them into necklaces, rings, brooches, etc.





No comments: