Friday, April 19, 2013

Don't miss ART 180 tomorrow!


I may be a bit biased here, but as a former high school art teacher, ART 180 definitely makes my heart flutter.  I love seeing all the wonderful work they do around the city. ART 180 partners with other organizations to serve children living in challenging circumstances in Richmond.  Their goal is to provide opportunity's for our city's youth to discover ways they can positively engage in and influence their surroundings.   Professional artists and volunteers work with youth after school for 12 weekly sessions. Each program grows from the needs and interests of the group of young people being served.

The young artists are asked to explore crucial personal statements that reinforce their sense of identity and purpose, such as: What is a hero? What do I want people to know about me? How can I make my community a better place? Programs culminate with some kind of public presentation of artwork. These have included billboards, art exhibits, poetry readings, CDs and DVDs.

What Do You Stand For? Project

Please stop by their table to speak with them a bit more about their programs and pick up some their products.  All the proceeds from the sale of their items benefit future ART 180 programs.


See you all tomorrow!

No comments: