Got extra or unwanted craft supplies to get rid of? Or maybe you could use more supplies on the cheap - either way you should come to the 6th Annual Crafters Anonymous Craft Supply Swap and help support Art 180!
Sunday - February 3, 2013
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
ARTWORKS Studios & Gallery
Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/131578767008052/
The Crafters Anonymous Craft Swap is an opportunity for artists and crafters of all types to get together in a fun, social environment and trade craft supplies. This event is also a benefit to support Art 180 - a Richmond based non-profit organization that creates and provides art-related programs to young people living in challenging circumstances, encouraging personal and community change through self-expression.
• Gather up all of your surplus art and/or craft supplies. These are items you purchased and haven't used, other crafty items you no longer need or items you just want to give away. Make sure these items are in good, usable condition (NO TRASH PLEASE).
• Put your items into a reusable grocery bag (we know you have a gazillion of these - paper or plastic).
• Save your items until the day of the craft swap and bring them with you when you come (it's okay if you go back to your bag of items to visit them, however no putting them back into your stash...we need them and you will be rewarded in the end).
• Come to the craft swap and bring a bag!
Here's the breakdown:
Here's the breakdown:
-- There will be a $6.00 entrance fee for the swap.
-- If you bring your own bag to fill with goodies, the entrance fee will be $5.00.
-- If you bring a bag of items to donate to the swap, the entrance fee will be $1.00.
Of course, if you are feeling generous and want to donate more to Art 180 we encourage you to do so. 100% of the profits from the event will go to benefit Art 180. When you bring your items to the swap, you will be greeted by one of our CACS counselors who will help you part with your items.
• Feed your addiction! You will be given one (1) of those reusable grocery bags donated or use the one (1) bag you bring and fill it with new-to-you supplies. All supplies will be set up according to type (paper, fiber, jewelry, painting, miscellaneous, etc.) throughout the swap.
• Help others admit their addiction. You know you have a friend or two who share your craft supply addiction. Tell them about the Craft Swap or better yet, bring them to the swap with their surplus craft supplies!
See you at the craft swap!