Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Tigerlilly Shop


What is your favorite thing about spring?
EVERYTHING blooms, that is the best! Time to come alive and grow again!
Is there a story behind your shop name?
In grad school, as an avid gardener, I was always digging in the yard in the sunshine acquiring more freckles. I had a friend would visit, calling out a nickname he made up for me: Tigerlilly. I decided on that for my Etsy shop name long ago in 2005. As my shop grew out of control, I realized my business had the same characteristics of that old fashioned, almost invasive, robust and wild perennial flower, the orange tigerlily.
What are your influences?
I have always watched the cyclical nature of the passing seasons. You can see time pass in the landscape. Where I live in Baltimore City, I try to find where the natural landscape peeks through and thrives in my urban environment. I have found great inspiration in Patterson Park, the Baltimore Museum of Art's Sculpture Garden, and in my my own city garden plots and backyard container garden.

No comments: