Friday, April 13, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Hothouse Posey

What is your favorite thing about spring?
The newness of spring makes me happy. If winter has done its thing (which it didn't so much this past season) then we get to, once again, witness the emergence of dormant creatures like bees, frogs, butterflies as well as all the burgeoning blooms. It's beautifully magical. (This helps me forget all the blasted pollen that seems to appear mysteriously every spring.)

What's your soundtrack while you're working?
The answer depends entirely on my mood and whether my family is asleep when I'm working. Michael Franti & Spearhead and The Brian Setzer Orchestra keep me company often but Macy Gray, The Wailin' Jennys, and West African Highlife also make for motivating backgrounds.

What are your influences?
Nature, color, texture, and a blank 'canvas' are my muses. Hokey but true.

No comments: