Thursday, April 05, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Cephalopod Ink Ceramics

Cephalopod Ink Ceramics

What is your favorite thing about spring?
All the new colors popping up in nature.
What's your newest crafty creation?
Porcelain Wall Pillows. They are my version of a clay painting. They look like a soft pillow, but they're made out of clay and they hang on the wall as a fun and unique way to spruce up your dwelling. Photos can be found in my etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/cephalopodink?section_id=5565456&view_type=gallery

Is there a story behind your shop name?
Cephalopod is the scientific name of my favorite animals (octopus and squid...) and I use some scientific drawings in my work. Ink is a play on words between octopus ink, incorporated (inc), and the look of my decorative process. I do not use squid ink in my art :)
Trend spotting: foxes, hedgehogs, mustaches, oh my! - What do you think will be next hottest craft trend? Hopefully using all handmade pottery :)

No comments: