Friday, April 13, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Holly Camp Cards


What is your favorite thing about spring?
I love how wildflowers just KNOW to bloom in complimentary colors. Every time I see a patch of yellow and purple flowers, I'm completely tickled.

What's your newest crafty creation? Is there a specific item you'd like to feature for the show?
I have recently become obsessed with needle felting, especially round little birds and ducks. In fact, this will be the very first craft show where I have these needle felted cuddly critters available! It's definitely an interesting process to try and carry-over the same feel from a greeting card to a mound of wool.
What's your soundtrack while you're working?
Best Pandora station ever – TLC/Waterfalls. Trust me, your work day will turn into The Best Day Ever.
What are your influences?
I try to pay attention to tiny details – good color combos, interesting patterns, and fun textures in the most random spots. Whether I'm walking through a park, an alleyway, or a gallery, there's always something worth whipping out the pocket sketchbook.

Trend spotting: foxes, hedgehogs, mustaches, oh my! - What do you think will be next hottest craft trend?
A complete infatuation with the handwritten word. Or, perhaps... underwater origami?

No comments: