Friday, December 09, 2011

Dawn Stitches :: Handmade Holiday Vendor Feature!


The Holidays always inspire the desire to decorate and spruce up your home. And banners are such a lovely and easy way to do it! Dawn Stitches will have lots of Holiday banners and other fun handmade home decor items like quilts and ornaments at Handmade Holiday.

Here's a little bit more about Dawn Stitches....

Describe your studio.

I am very lucky to have a whole room in our 1920's Craftsman house. It's really sunny and gives me plenty of space to play with all of my fabric.

What is your favorite thing about the Holidays?

I love getting together with my whole family. Also we mostly buy handmade items and it's so fun to see all of the creative gifts! Now that we own a house it's been so fun to decorate and start our own holiday traditions.

What's your newest crafty creation? Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show?
I am especially excited about my fabric banners. I've made small ones for the holidays that would be perfect on a fireplace mantle. I have 'sweet dreams' banners that would make a great decoration for a child's room. Also I'm thrilled to have lots of quilts for sale. My quilts are 100% cotton and are filled with organic batting. Furthermore I am available to make custom orders for quilts and banners - I love doing custom work to make a person's vision come true!

Is there a story behind your shop name?

Dawn is my middle name and I've always loved it. A new day, a new beginning.. I feel like each time I start a new quilt the first stitches are the beginning of an exciting process.


What's your soundtrack while you're working?

I am all about streaming Netflix while sewing. I have a laptop set up next to my sewing machine. Anybody have any favorite shows let me know!

No comments: