Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Bada-Bing Crafter Interview with April Scott Kids


April Scott Kids
www.aprilscott.etsy.com

Describe your business and work:
I make simple little girl's dresses out of bright, vibrant fabric. I particularly enjoy mixing weird fabrics which don't necessarily match.


How long have you been a crafter or designer?
I have loved making stuff since I was little. Notable early projects include pom-pom Tribbles (from Star Trek) with plastic googly-eyes, and an embroidered Holly Hobby apron.


How did you get started with your craft?
My mom taught me how to sew when I was growing up.


What are your influences?
Guns and Roses & Styx


Do you have a particular item you want featured?
Rainbow Windowpanes dress because it is my most popular! Description: Child dress available in sizes Newborn through 4T. A-line dress adorned with bright overlapping squares in a rainbow of colors. Simple! Fresh! Modern!



What do you like best about Spring?
The sun and hearing the birds talk

1 comment:

fleur said...

What fabric is this?? LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!