Monday, July 21, 2008

articles

Check out our crafty members!

The latest DIY CITY MAG tells us all we ever need to know about New Orleans and its creative spirit. And, check out the article about the The New Orleans Craft Mafia written by our own Nicole Lee! I would love to take a road trip with my Crafty Crew and use this mag as our tour guide. OH man that would be a blast! Nicole says she is game who else is in?

Join our Richmond DIY community site by sending me your email address so we can send you an invite! kelly@modernjune.com



Deanna Miller is our plush rock star....check out her wonderful article over at rvanews.com. This was my favorite part of the Q&A...

What has been your most bizarre encounter with a customer?

There was this guy in NY who wanted to get a special monster made for his ex-girlfriend. He specifically asked for a cold-black-icicle-heart monster, but that is how she had described his heart! At first I didn’t know what I should do, but I made it and sent it to her letting her know that this was made for her. I dunno, I still kinda hope that maybe it showed a different side of him to her and maybe they got back together over it. But, that was the strangest request. I have gotten a few more people wanting monsters made for the ex’s and it always feels weird to be the middle man.

No comments: