Thursday, November 29, 2007

garland variation no 1207

another take on the garland project:

For this garland, I used lots of different textured solid fabrics + a cool funky print from which I cut out the images/shapes...

first i found a few household objects & a piece of posterboard to create circle patterns...

then I cut out the pattern and traced the pattern on all of the solid fabrics. I cut the circles out, and then proceeded to the "partridge family" fabric. I cut out a few mistletoe, doves, circles, and snowflake doo-dads...

I then pinned down all of the circles on a piece of solid ribbon, placing the fun little christmas icons throughout...

Finally, I sewed in a completely unstraight line, and sometimes in circles to tack down all of the circles & objects to the ribbon...

Voila!


We hope everyone has a safe fun holiday, and hope to see you at the handmade holiday show December 7 at 4025 Yoga! [4025 MacArthur Ave- 6.30-9pm-12/07/07]

No comments: