Monday, April 15, 2013

Vendor Spotlight: anykind


Jesse MacKenzie of anykind was kind enough to share some behind-the-scenes photos of her studio and we are so happy to share those with you in today's Vendor Spotlight.

anykind's line of bowties, hair bows, bags & pouches are intended to bring a little style and organization to your life. The bold patterns, particularly the dots, and bright color combinations definitely speak my language and will hopefully speak yours as well.


Here is what Jesse had to say about her process:

"My process begins with drawing inspiration from fabric and supplies. I lay out groups of fabrics and notions to plan my designs, then cut out bags and bows in small batches. I screen print the labels inside my bags and some of my fabrics. Then I construct and sew everything in steps. I do all of my designing, sewing, and printing in our apartment in the Ghent District of Norfolk."

Adding zippers

Jesse screen printing fabric patterns for her line.
Jesse added her first zipper when she was about 13 years old and was completely thrilled to make something truly useful. Fast forward until 2011 and she and her sewing machine were reunited after the ever-persistent interruption called "life." ...And she is really back at it now! Come check out anykind on Saturday at Spring Bada Bing.

Find anykind before the show

No comments: