Thursday, December 06, 2012

Tributary Handmade :: Handmade Holiday Vendor Feature


Business Name: Tributary Handmade
Owner: Beth Rice
 What is the best handmade gift you've received?  
A few years ago I saw in a craft book a tutorial for a stuffed whale.  I loved it and wanted to try to make it, but never got around to it.  My husband decided to make me the whale instead.  His version was so much better than what was in the book and I was so surprised!  The whale he made was the very first softie made by us.  The stuffed whale he gave me inspired me to start creating my own patterns and softies.  I still love that original whale plush!
  
What is your newest crafty creation?  Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show?  
My newest creations are an updated version of my plush people.  I've been sewing more girl plushes and added fun things like suspenders and mustaches to the boy plushes.  

Describe your studio.  
I have a room dedicated in my home to my crafting which is wonderful because I have a ton of materials!  Right now because of the holidays,  it's a mess with felt pieces and fabric scraps and bobbins all over.  I'm looking forward to giving it a make over after the holidays and am planning out my ideal cutting counter to help make ironing and cutting easier.

What is your favorite thing about the Holidays? 
I love getting our Christmas tree, making ornaments, and decorating it!  It makes our home smell so wonderful!

What are your influences?  
I'm really inspired by nature, animals, bright colors, and fun fabric patterns.  I also really like looking at old vintage toys. 

No comments: