Monday, April 09, 2012

2012 Spring Bada-Bing Vendor Q & A: Happy Felties!

Mary Dell
Happy Felties!
www.happyfelties.etsy.com

What is your favorite thing about spring?
I love the cheerful daffodils and tulips that pop up to say hello! It’s always a lovely way to usher in a new season with new life. :)

What's your newest crafty creation? Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show?
My newest creation is felt applique headbands! I love accessorizing my hair - it’s one of my favorite outfit accents. And I love felt, so it was only natural to create a marriage between my two fave things. Is there a story behind your shop name?
I spent a good deal of time thinking up my shop name. I wanted something short and catchy, but that summed up the “feel” of my work. I knew I wanted to mention felt because that’s my “thang” ;). My work has lots of personality and oftentimes cartoon qualities as well. Thus I came up with the name “Happy Felties!” because I make super cute items with felt and they’re HAPPY! =)What's your soundtrack while you're working?
I’m a total 80s geek so I usually have some Hall and Oa
ts, Michael McDonalad, The Fixx, George Michaels etc. playing on Pandora.

What are your influences?
I’m heavily influenced by my everyday life - especially my children and my animals. My kids are wacky and my animals are silly so I have a lot to draw from! Trend spotting: foxes, hedgehogs, mustaches, oh m
y! - What do you think will be next hottest craft trend?
I’m not sure what the next hottest craft trend will be. Maybe they’ll be a resurgence of nerd
chic! That would be awesome!

No comments: