Thursday, December 01, 2011

Designs by Nancy :: Handmade Holiday Vendor Feature!


Decorate your home with something handmade this Holiday. Stop by the Designs by Nancy booth at Handmade Holiday for fun pillow covers and stockings too!

Here's a little bit more about Designs by Nancy...

Describe your studio.
My studio is a small part of my house I call heaven - although some might describe it as an extra bedroom. In it I have everything I need to create; my sewing machine, my fabric and felt, and usually my cats are in there with me too.

What is your favorite thing about the holidays?
I LOVE giving gifts. I love to think of something someone mentioned last summer and totally forgot about, or something special only to that person, something they would want. I do not give gift cards!! I have the most wonderful idea for this Christmas; it’s useful, uses recycled items, and helps the environment. Sorry, I can’t tell you what it is, someone I know might by reading this…

What is your newest crafty creation?
My newest creations are my seahorse, crab and turtle pillows. I had a turtle last year, but I’ve added more detail to him and given him friends. Everyone needs friends!

What is your soundtrack while you're working?
Even though I love music and love to sing, my studio is quiet while I work. Wait… let me correct that statement. To an observer it is quiet, but in my head there are conversations taking place, ideas forming, “to-do” listing being prepared, sometimes it is total chaos!! Luckily, I have a legal pad close by and will scribble down what must not be forgotten.

No comments: