Saturday, December 03, 2011

Bowerbox Press :: Handmade Holiday Vendor Feature!


Send out handmade cards to all of your friends and relatives this Holiday. Bowerbox Press makes their one-of-a-kind books, letterpressed cards, and prints on a restored antique press from 1901!

Here's a little bit more about Bowerbox Press...



Describe your studio.
My shop is slowly filling up with old machinery- letterpresses, foil stampers, corner rounders, hundreds of pounds of lead type- I like anything old, and really love bringing old machines back to life and making new art with them!


What's your newest crafty creation?
Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show? I just got my hundred-year-old hot foil stamper working, and have some shiny holiday cards this year, as well as books with gold foil stamping on the covers. I'm really excited to be able to add a little sparkle to my prints- this print, Sunbelly, is a woodcut with gold foil stamping.


What are your influences?
Historical printing- there are 500 years of examples to be inspired by; I love old books and the detailed woodcut illustrations that used to be the norm. I try to bring a bit of that old aesthetic into my work, but I do combine it with a new twist and sometimes a little humor.

No comments: