Monday, November 28, 2011

Love Elaine :: Handmade Holidays Vendor Feature!


You can shop for these wonderful handmade stockings by Love Elaine and lots of fabulous stocking stuffers too at Handmade Holiday!

Here's a little bit more about Love Elaine...

Describe your studio.
My "studio" is one of the spare bedrooms in our house, and its currently a mess beneath piles of fabrics for orders and Christmas Stockings - it closely resembles what I would imagine Santa's workshop looks like at this time of year! We just moved in this past summer, so the studio hasn't been touched yet - but there are lots of future plans in the works including another trip to Ikea and a stencil for the wall!

What is your favorite thing about the Holidays?
The Holidays are my favorite time of year! I just love sharing time with friends and family and enjoying all of the festivities of the season. My favorite part of the Holidays is decorating the Christmas Tree. My Mom and I used to do it together each year, and we'd put on Christmas music and drink hot chocolate - doesn't get any sweeter than that! Since I started Love Elaine, I love that I get to be a part of other people's holiday traditions. Its a great feeling to know that each year people all over the county pull out my stockings and tree skirts to decorate for Christmas.

What's your newest crafty creation? Is there specific item you'd like to feature for the show?
Although its not a new item, one of my latest items I'm excited about is my iPad sleeve. Its super girlie and features fabrics that have become my signature style - bright, modern and fun - along with a ribbon closure to tie a big bow!

Also, although my Elf Stockings are not new, I do have new fabrics - and I am just so in love with the Holiday Owls! And, it works great with almost any fabric - blue or pink! Great for kids, or for the kids in us all!

Is there a story behind your shop name?
Yes, there's always a story, isn't there? Unlike what most people think, Elaine is actually my middle name, and it also happens to be the middle name of all the women in my family - my mother Cherie, both of my Grandmothers and my sister, Stephanie. Love is my paternal Grandmother's maiden name. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful women in my family to support me - they are all creative, independent and strong! They taught me to sew at a young age and encouraged me to start a business. They are my biggest support system, without whom, Love Elaine wouldn't exist!

What's your soundtrack while you're working?
If I'm listening to music, its all over the place - Kesha, Brittany Spears, Lady Antebellum, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Black Shleton, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Kanye West... If I'm not listening to music, I love to put on a DVD - I'm a sucker for chick flicks and I like the background noise to keep me company.

No comments: