Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Bada-Bing Crafter Interview with Fisticuffs Leather

Fisticuffs Leather/ John Fisticuffs

Describe your business and work:

Handmade leather wrist cuffs and watchbands made from recycled leather and found objects.


How long have you been a crafter or designer?
I've been making crafts for about 5 years and have been a designer for over 10.


How did you get started with your craft?

I saw a really cool belt one day and thought it would make a great cuff.


What are your influences?

My influence is all the waste I see. One of the main reasons I make my craft from recycled material is to keep some of that great material from being tossed away.


Do you have a particular item you want featured?
I am now making covered watchbands that ROCK! Not only are they cool but very functional as a recycled leather cuff.




What do you like best about Spring?

Aside from all the sundresses? I would have to say it's probably that crispness in the air and the scent of all things blooming.

No comments: